On Sat, Apr 27, 2019 at 10:39:22AM -0700, Mark F wrote:
> FWIW: The greatest impediment to me using LXQt is the way PCManFM treats
> the scroll wheel with more levity (less gravity). It spins faster. I think
> it's respecting the "3 lines" default in LXQt-settings->Keyboard & Mouse.
> But, I think it treats rows as a lines.

You created an upstream issue but failed to follow their template, so
they closed it. I'm sure if you did another one, you might get
somewhere, at least if you followed the template and made it really
clear what your concerns were (that goes equally for your other issues).

That said, I did some testing and I'm not sure I see this as so cut and
dry. LXQt exposes an option to change the behavior of the scroll wheel,
but there is not in LXDE. LXQt is actually surprisingly consistent.
Whatever a program defines as a line, it scrolls by the number of lines
set in LXQt. This behavior changes quite wildly in LXDE.

Featherpad always listens to the setting in LXQt, regardless of content.
LeafPad is all over the place. Sometimes it skips 8 lines, sometimes 4
lines, depending on the content and blank lines.

PCManFM pretty much consistently changes 3 lines, as defined by each of
the sidebar lines, or the menu lines, but what a "line" is is changing
inside the window, which actually makes the behavior seem kind of
inconsistent. On the other hand, PCManFM-Qt is far more consistent,
because it defines a line based on what's in the window. So if you're in
thumbnail view and you've got big thumbnails, why scroll more than once
when you can just scroll once?

On the other hand, if you're in that thumbnail view and switch over to
Featherpad, it seems like the scrolling is slow, and vice versa. So it's
consistent, but it's inconsistent. I could see a potential argument
being made for PCManFM-Qt taking lines to mean something consistent
regardless of view, but I can also see the argument against it.

--
       @wxl | polka.bike
C563 CAC5 8BE1 2F22 A49D