Walter:

OK, I know nothing . .. noooottttthhhiiinnnngggg . . . .  Running out of
time for it today, but after I did that failed command, I tried to trash
the file, and it was greyed out in right-click, and I tried to drag it to
"trash" and that didn't work . . . seems like it doesn't want to go
willingly to the Trash???  : - )

I ran an update/upgrade after this and it pulled in a bunch of files . . .
ran autoremove/autoclean as well . . . .