> . . . .  On cold boot FF came back.

> > But, the question of what happened with apt was the more important
> > question . . . was it trying to install a too new kernel and then
> > tried to back out of it?  It was an odd episode . . . .

> Hey Fritz,
>
> You could search for the available kernels to see which ones are
> available, and which ones are installed.
>
> You can also look in the /var/log/dpkg.log something like:
>
> grep "upgrade " /var/log/dpkg.log
>
> That might give you a starting point.
>
> As for the disappearance of firefox, I think snap/flatpak packages don't
> always show up after install, there may be a way to force it to update
> the menus but I don't really like to use either of those unless I
> *really* have to, so I don't know off the top of my head/
>
> --
> 😷

Israel:

Thanks for the suggestions . . . I'll check into them when I get back to Lu
in a few days.  One of my problems is that since I'm rotating OSs each day,
I don't know where each system is vis the kernel.  Possibly kinetic is a
"5.13" base system, but I did see "5.15" in the upgrade list.  Yesterday I
was in Tumbleweed, which is 5.19 . . . and then today I'm in Deb Sid, which
I thought would be like 5.20???  but, nope, uname -r shows "5.10" . . . .

The good news is that whatever blew up in the middle or end of the apt, the
kinetic system rebooted into the GUI . . . .  It was just a rare instance
of a "hang" in the apt dist-upgrade.