Nio:

Right you are . . . there is something that "grub" is missing . . . .
**Ordinarily** I can just refresh the bootloader in TW, which is the master
controller and that picks up the weekly kernel changes . . . .  But,
sometimes possibly something happens that messes up something like the
UUID's for the partitions and then I have to run a command to make the new
grub listing . . . .

I've tried to disable grub in the non-controller systems, but seems like in
ubuntu they don't want to relinquish control over grub???  I and others had
a bug report going on it . . . possibly this is why at times grub "loses
track" of the kernel options . . . ???

And, then combined with old guy memory of what was done to fix stuff . . .
.  Historically I have had to "chroot" into the TW install to update grub
due to these "conflicts" over who gets to run grub . . . .

But, thanks for the reminder on it . . . .  : - 0  "What day is this???"
[senior question that older folks used to ask when I was do acu treatment
in hospitals]  Seize the day and update-grub!!