Hello,

I'm running into this exception quiet often while using Lucene (the
situation is so bad with the latest rc, that I had to revert to the last
com.lucene package). I'm sure I have my fair share of bugs in my app,
but nonetheless, how can I "control" Lucene usage of RandomAccessFile?
The indexes are optimized and I try to keep a close look at how many
IndexWriter/Reader exists at any point in time... Nevertheless, I run
into that exception much too often :-( Any help appreciated!

"04/26 00:07:11 (Warning) Finder.findObjectsWithSpecificationInStore:
java.io.FileNotFoundException:  _la.f9 (Too many open files)"

Also, on a somewhat related note, how do I "shut down" Lucene properly.
Eg, do I need to do anything with the IndexWriter and so on?

Last, but not least, is there a way to turn of the file locking in the
latest rc as it's really getting in the way :-(

Finally, I just wanted to make sure: Lucene is fully multi-threaded
right? I can do search *and* write concurrently in different threads at
the same time on the same index?

Any insight much appreciated!

Thanks.

PA.

BTW, should I post this kind of question to user or dev?