Hello again,

I guess it's really not my day...

Just to make sure I'm not hallucinating to much, I downloaded the latest
and greatest: rc4. Changed all the packages names to org.apache. Updated
a method here and there to reflect the APIs changes. And run my little
app. I would like to emphasize that except updating to the latest Lucene
release, nothing else has changed.

Well, it's pretty ugly. Whatever I'm doing with Lucene in the previous
package (com.lucene) is magnified many folds in rc4. After processing a
paltry 16 objects I got:

"SZFinder.findObjectsWithSpecificationInStore:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: _2.f14 (Too many open files)"

At least in the previous version, I will see that after a couple of
thousand of objects...

So, it seems, that there is something really rotten in the kingdom of
Denmark...

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.