Hi Terry,

The way I was hoping it would work is to call static method

SortedField.addField([field name],[indexPath]);

In a init servlet at startup (there is a sample servlet in the servelet
directory of the SearchBean contribution).

Then we you want to sort by that field call the static method

SortedField.getSortedField([fieldName])

Which will return the precreated sorted field if it exists.

Again, I'm sorry I didn't yet have time to fully test this, but this is the
way it SHOULD work. If it doesn't work that way please let me know and I'll
look at it.

--Peter