Hi All,

I am building a search engine based on Lucene. Recently I created a test
simulating multiple users searching in the same index simultaneously and
found out that quite often JVM crashes with 'Hotspot Virtual Machine Error :
11'. I couldnot reproduce this bug on Windows box, but observed it a lot on
Red Hat Linux 7.3 with different versions of Sun's 1.3 JVM, including the
most recent one (1.3.1_04 at the moment).

I am attaching a simple test that generates hotspot error in 90% of cases.
In our code we have to create new IndexSearcher for every search because
indices are updated in real time.

The only workaround I found for this problem so far is reducing the number
of searching threads which doesnot seem to be a good solution.

Had anyone encountered problems like this one?

Regards,
Stas.