> Thursday? :)
quarter ;)

> I haven't encountered this with Lucene, but I have seen it with a
> number of other applications.
> These are JVM problems.
>
> Try IBM's 1.3.1 JVM for Linux, or the recently released JRockit 7.0.
Everything works perfectly on both IBM's JVM and Sun's 1.4. Unfortunately we
have a complicated working production system, and moving the whole thing to
another JVM and making sure that everything works fine would take a while.
Eventually we'll move to 1.4, but not now.

This is surely Sun's problem. I had sent them a bug report, but it takes for
them up to 3 weeks to response.

I just hoped that someone encountered similar problem and found a good
solution :)

Thanks,
Stas.