I dont understand the explanantion. When I try and index the documents as mentioned in
the examples, and then when i run the app and do a sample search, it does point to the
directory structure say "c:/filesToIndex/www/" instead of
"http://localhost:8080/www/";. So how can this be changed to reflect the website domain
as mentioned by you. Could you explain again. Say my docs are under a directory
c:/filesToIndex/www/ and the wesite is as you said http://localhost:8080/ , then how
to proceed!
Thanks in advance!
 Samuel Alfonso Velázquez Díaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Oh ok, I thougth it was going to be some thing like the egothor search engine (A java
based search engine). When you create the Index, you issue a command like:
java org.egothor.indexer.mirror.DoTanker /tmp/my_www Project/Egothor/var/www as
http://localhost:8080
/thmp/my_www: Is the path to the directory where the index is to be created
Project/Egothor/var/www: is the path to the local file system files to be indexed.
and as http://localhost:8080 is the prefix that the index will keep on the hit list.
This way the index will be relative to http://localhost:8080. Even if your production
site may be an other site.
Thanks for your comments, any way now I know that I have to modify code to do this.
Regards!
Jeff Linwood wrote:Hi,

I'm not a hundred percent sure I understand what you are asking, but when
you get the results back from Lucene (the hits) it's up to you to format
them to display on a web page - you can always do the modification there
when you display the links to the results.

Jeff