From: "Pinky Iyer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Lucene Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 2:24 PM
Subject: Re: Regarding Setup Lucine for my site

> I dont understand the explanantion. When I try and index the documents as
mentioned in the examples, and then when i run the app and do a sample
search, it does point to the directory structure say "c:/filesToIndex/www/"
instead of "http://localhost:8080/www/";. So how can this be changed to
reflect the website domain as mentioned by you. Could you explain again. Say
my docs are under a directory c:/filesToIndex/www/ and the wesite is as you
said http://localhost:8080/ , then how to proceed!
> Thanks in advance!
>  Samuel Alfonso Velázquez Díaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Oh ok, I thougth it was going to be some thing like the egothor search
engine (A java based search engine). When you create the Index, you issue a
command like:
Project/Egothor/var/www as http://localhost:8080
> /thmp/my_www: Is the path to the directory where the index is to be
created
> Project/Egothor/var/www: is the path to the local file system files to be
indexed.
> and as http://localhost:8080 is the prefix that the index will keep on the
hit list. This way the index will be relative to http://localhost:8080. Even
if your production site may be an other site.
> Thanks for your comments, any way now I know that I have to modify code to
do this.
> Regards!
> Jeff Linwood wrote:Hi,
>
> I'm not a hundred percent sure I understand what you are asking, but when
> you get the results back from Lucene (the hits) it's up to you to format
> them to display on a web page - you can always do the modification there
> when you display the links to the results.
>
> Jeff

By