I found the freakin problem, I am going to kill my co-worker when he gets
in.  He was removing a field and adding the same field back for each
document in the index in a piece of code I did not notice until
now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He is so dead.  I commented out that piece of code,
queried to my hearts content and the index has not changed.  Heck the tool
is like super fast now.

One last concern is about the re-indexing thing, when does that occur?
optimize()?  I am curious what method would cause a reindex.

I want to thank all of you for your help, it was truly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rob