Funny how this is the outcome of 90% of the problems people have with
software - their own mistakes :)

Regarding reindexing - no need for any explicit calls.  When you add a
document to the index it is indexed right away.  You will have to
detect index change (methods for that are there) and re-open the
IndexSearcher in order to see newly added/indexed documents.

Otis