Hohwiller, Joerg writes:

> Am I safe disabling the locking???

No.

> Can anybody tell me where to get documentation about the Locking
> strategy (I still would like to know why I have that problem) ???

I guess -- but given your input I really have to guess; the source you
wanted to attach didn't make it to the list -- your problem is, that
you cannot have a writing (deleting) IndexReader and an IndexWriter open
at the same time.
There can only be one instance that writes to an index at one time.

Disabling locking disables the checks, but then you have to take care
yourself. So in practice disabling locking is useful for readonly access
to static indices only.

Morus