Hi all,

I've managed to add multi-index searching capability to my code. But one thing that I have noticed is that Lucene is extremely slow in searching.

For example I have been testing with 2 indexes for the past month or so and searching them returns results in under 250ms and sometimes even surprising me at under 50ms. All of this on my desktop computer.

If I search both indexes with the MultiSearcher class, it take over 2000ms to search. I have compared the search results and they do match. But why is it taking so much longer.

I'm assuming that each index is searched separately and then the Hits results from each search is merged and sorted. But still, I don't think that this should take any longer than 750ms.

Is it just the way Lucene MultiSearcher class was engineered that makes it slow or is there something that I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Don Vaillancourt Director of Software Development

WEB IMPACT INC.
416-815-2000 ext. 245
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: http://www.web-impact.com

This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information that may be confidential and/or copyright. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email and immediately delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. No representation is made that this email or any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient.