Otis or Erik, do you know if a Reader continously opening should cause the
Writer to fail with a "Lock obtain timed out" error?

--- Lucene Users List"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The attached Java file shows a locking
issue that occurs with

> Lucene.

> One thread opens and closes an IndexReader.
 The other thread

> opens an IndexWriter, adds a document and then closes
the

> IndexWriter.  I would expect that this app should be able to

> happily
run without an issues.

> It fails with:

>   java.io.IOException: Lock
obtain timed out

> Is this expected?  I thought a Reader could be opened
while a

> Writer is adding a document.

> Any help is appreciated.

> For
additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]