Hi,

I have a question regarding read locks on indexes. I have the situation
where I have n applications (separated jvms) running queries. These
applications are read-only, and never use an IndexWriter.

The index is only ever updated using rsync. The applications don't need
up the minute updates, only the data from when the reader was created is
fine.

My question is whether it's ok to disable read locks in this scenario?
What are read locks protecting?

Best,
Shawn.