We can work the 1.x and 2.0 lines of code however we need to. We can branch (a branch or tag in Subversion is inexpensive and a constant time operation). How we want to manage both versions of Lucene is open for discussion. Nothing about Subversion changes how we manage this from how we'd do it with CVS.

Currently the 1.x and 2.x lines of code are one and the same. Once they diverge in 2.0, it will depend on who steps up to maintain 1.x but I suspect there will be a strong interest in keeping it alive by some, but we would of course encourage everyone using 1.x upgrade to 1.9 and remove deprecation warnings.

        Erik