I've had the chance to listen to Oliver playing Bach (and some Weiss,
the Tombeau for Losy) on a real lute - built on historical principles
back in 99 I think (lute days in Nuernberg). He is a good player - a bit
to esoteric (?) for my taste but he played well with a good sense for
tone and structure.
He is now one of the main advertizing figures for the liuto forte - I
really regret this because I am a great fan of the typical sound of the
historic lute and loosing a good player is in a small comunity like ours
always a loss.

At the lute days in Basel there were performances on the liuto forte
with modern music (and recently in Salzburg there was a Vivaldi, Zamboni
performance on it). This was not my taste but I think Andr´e (Burguete)
is doing well to start an edition with modern music for the liuto forte.
I don't know if there is anything already published.

I wonder who needs a newly developed instrument in retrospective times
like ours. The development of this instrument comes 150 years too late
(Andr´e blames Faustino Weiss - his role would have been to develop the
lute. A nice thought but as history shows he didn't and in my opinion
now it's to late. The classical romantic orchestra is set up and modern
music doesn't play the role which would lead to a change of this
settings)

Thomas