Andre wrote an very intersting article about possible tunings of the
baroque lute for Bach's works years ago.
I think I still have my copy of the magazine where it was published
(Gitarre & Laute) somewhere - also, Peter Paeffgen should be now on the
list and maybe want to (re-) publish it on the site of his newspaper
Gitarre und Laute. It's too long and detailed to translate and
summarize.

Best wishes
Thomas

--