Dear Ariel

of course you are right. Except matters of right hand lute technique I
have never found anything in your mails to disagree :-)
I've started my "baroque lute career" on a lute in the tradition of Hans
Jordan (very heavy) which nobody could seriously call "historical"
(luckily I got rid of it very soon). They are still around and I even
saw some at the musical fair in Frankfurt two or three years ago.

My feeling for the lf are mixed: they really are well made and
well-sounding (although I prefer the sound of "historic" instruments)
but I don't see the sense of it's development and in a small community
like ours I feel it's not helpfull to have a similar looking instrument
competing with the "original" and occassionally "loosing" talented
players to it.

Best wishes
Thomas

--