Hi Luters,

I've recently acquired the S.P.E.S. edition of Zamboni.  There's one
tab. symbol I don't understand.  Perhaps one of you archlute players
can help me out.  If you have this edition, the Mystery Symbol is on
the first page of Sonata 1.  On the last line, second to last bar,
there is what looks like either ".S." or ".5." .  It's also in the last
bar of the line above that.   I've noticed that same symbol, either
".S." or ".5.", on one or two other pages (e.g. page 28), but I can't
figure out what it means.  Anybody got any ideas?

David Rastall