Hi!

I don't know about the amount of lute players or enthusiasts. Nice to
hear that you are willing to support the lute scene by buying editions
and CDs - please visit as much concerts as possible, too!

Actually that's what I would like people to do: attending concerts and
supporting artist keeps the thing alive - no matter if it's the lute or
classical guitar or painting or ...  (although I personally am enjoying
the lute the most ; - ))

I don't know about the CD sales in the US but over here in europe it's a
catastophe.  You need to buy one of mine because me cellar is full of
unsold CDs :- )
But: seriously the amount of CDs produced depends on the company the CD
is Producing/marketing. Naxos or Sony will sell much more than small
companies.
Our CDs (small company) are made in a number of 500 to 2000 and it will
takes several years to sell them.

Best wishes
Thomas

--