Rainer,

> > PS: If anyone asks you "why temperament ?", the shortest answer is "2 to
the N th power = 3 to M th power has no >>non-trivial solutions for integer
N and M" If nothing else that should leave the questioner in stunned silence
while >>you make your escape. :-)

> Even a mathematical idiot will know that 2 is even and 3 is odd...

I'm sure that Bob won't take the time to answer this, but you appear to have
no knowledge of mathematical terminology. "2 to the Nth = 3 to the Mth" when
both M and N are zero. Any number to the power of zero is, by definition,
one. So when Bob says "there are no non-trivial solutions" he means exactly
that. The use of zero as the power factor would be a solution, but a trivial
one. In mathematics there are "elegant" solutions, or proofs - and "trivial"
ones - and a lot in between. There was a lot of press a few years ago about
the final solving of Fermat's last theorum. But so far as I'm concerned his
proof has not been found, although the theorum has been proven. His marginal
notes mentioned an elegant solution, too long for the margin. The proof of
today uses math Fermat never conceived of. So either Fermat was wrong, or
there is yet an elegant proof awaiting discovery.

Best, Jon