On Friday 04 June 2004 13:47, bill wrote:
I think the main reason is the storage of all mailings in a public accessible
archive on the dartmouth server containing all e-mail addresses in the
messages to this list. Such archives are scanned by robots and the result
sold to spammers. It's not the list itself which is responsible for e-mail
address ripping.
It would be a good idea to filter those archives and remove all e-mail
addresses from them. Nice perl script job for Wayne perhaps ....

Taco