You are receiving the Nigeria Scam.  Charlotte even got one at work though
the mails.  They used counterfeit Nigerian stamps to send out thousands of
such letters.<g>  I haven't received any for quite a while but for several
years or so I'd get one every week.

Chris Goodwin (administrator of the Lute Society, UK) posted a warning from
Scotland Yard a few months ago involving e-bay sales of automobiles  I
wrote a followup but did not posty it.  If I still have them I'll post to
the list.

Since their scam sometimes uses musical instruments, it would make sense
that they would monitor the lute net.  This is a dangerous gang of thugs at
work and not a hoax.  There are web sites warning about their activities.

Arthur.