> > Well, I don't think original south Americans had any necessity of
playing
> > Spanish music, is that's what you meant.
> I am not sure at what point exactly attraction turns into necessity, but
if
> it didn't we wouldn't have HANAC PACHAP and other goodies of the
sort......
> RT

That's right, but still we don't know if that comes from attraction or pure
colonization.
Obviously we can't tell, but what I meant is that probably south Americans
had no reasons for imitating vihuelas, as probably Spanish music had little
meaning to them, more if we consider how the "conquistadores" did their
business down there. Pure speculation, however.
aa