Hello, all!

Speaking of Francesco da Milano, does anyone know of a playable edition =
of his works? I have access to the Ness edition, but, given the numerous =
page turns, I find it impossible to play from it. I have thought about =
retyping every piece into Fronimo, but that would take a very long time, =
and I don't want to do it if something similar has already been done.

Furthermore--and this may be an unbelievably stupid question--can anyone =
tell me what exactly is the point of having a piano (or guitar) =
transcription above a lute tablature? Many editions use this format, but =
I have never understood the point of it. Although I sometimes find the =
piano (or guitar) transcription useful in correcting the inevitable =
mistakes in the lute tablature, it seems to me that neither a pianist =
(or guitarist) nor a lutenist can play from them very easily. Are these =
editions meant solely for musicologists who want to analyze the =
structure of the composition? Or are they meant for musicians who want =
to play the pieces?=20

In any event, I would appreciate any information anyone could give me =
about finding non-transcribed tablatures of Francesco da Milano's pieces =
(apart from the most obvious Internet sites).

Thanks!

Stephen Arndt=20