"Vance Wood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
> I would wager most in the Lute community would instantly understand that Francesco
> is most
> surely Francesco Canov DaMilano DeParigi.

yes, and could it be that it is because of possibly mistaking him for
Luys Milan that Francesco da Milano is called Francesco, only?
Surprising enough, I've never heard Luys Milan being called Luys, only
:)

--
Best,

Mathias

Mathias Roesel, Grosze Annenstrasze 5, 28199 Bremen, Deutschland/
Germany, T/F +49 - 421 - 165 49 97, Fax +49 1805 060 334 480 67, E-Mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] , [EMAIL PROTECTED] ,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Wanted: The City's Best" (Jeremiah 29:7)
Ecumenical Stadtkirchentag of Bremen September 19-26!
http://www.stadtkirchentag-bremen.de