> (Ps: The word Germany or Teutschland was used as a designation of the
lands
> inhabited by German speaking people long before Germany became a state)

Concur, but like all languages of the time that which we call the German
language was in development. I can read Beowulf in the original, as I can
Chaucerian Middle English, but most German's, French and English of today
can't read their own languages as they were written and spoken at an earlier
time. I am not an acedemic linguist but I think I can safely say that
language changes. English is probably the most mixed up, a combination of
the Celtic ancient Briton, the Teutonic tongues of the Angles and Saxons,
the Danish of Knute, and the newly learned French of William's norsemen of
Normandy (the language of the "English" court for almost two centuries). The
Friesians of the Netherlands speak a Teutonic language that has such
relation to modern English that there is the phrase "good butter and good
cheese is good English and good Friese".

But you make a good point.
Best, Jon