From: Vance Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Apr 4, 2005 12:22 PM
To: lute list <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>, Caroline Usher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Newbie Question #2

Dear Caroline:

In the context this was written------Yes.  When it comes to understanding
the instrument, the music and the player/authors------No.   In answered to
the question we?  If that means you wish to exclude yourself from that
painting with a broad brush I would like to hear your thoughts.  If you mean
that I am caught up in historical accuracy, which incidentally is not so
because I cannot afford it, and should have not used the word "We"  I stand
corrected.  However from the way things tend to go on this list it would
seem that most are very much centered on historical accuracy.  However there
is an historical accuracy not touched on and that is the limits of
expediency in addressing some of the same problems that seem to plague us.