At 02:50 AM 8/15/2005, Arthur Ness <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>With all due respect, I think I know a bit more about
>the history of guitar than does Matanya.  For example,
>does he know that Madame Robert Sidney-Pratten published
>a posthumous work by Leonardo Schultz that she played
>with great pleasure at her recitals?

Yes, I do. I even have a copy of it.

>  Or does he know
>that Giuliani published a book of guitar music in
>tablature notation,  Heck doesn't even mention it in his
>Giuliani monograph, publ. by Orphee.

That's a good one. I am sure Giuliani scholars like Heck and Marco
Riboni would love to hear about that. Published where? by whom? and
for what possible market during Giuliani's life time?

Oh I got it. Giuliani published posthumously, just like that famous
contest he had with Sor in London in 1833, four years after his
death. Check your Baker's for details.

As for your knowledge of guitar history, you can claim anything you
want, but without published evidence, it is meaningless boasting. You
should know that much from your past academic work. There is nothing
in Music Index or OCLC that would even remotely link you to any
scholarship on guitar history.

Matanya Ophee
Editions Orphe'e, Inc.,
1240 Clubview Blvd. N.