I'm new to lute-playing (and didn't come to it from
guitar, but from playing early music on winds) so have
learned a great deal from this discussion strings -
thanks.

Could any of you give some advice about where to buy
strings, of gut or of nylon? Who makes the best? Who
gives the best value for money? Any warnings?

thanks in advance,
Katherine Davies