On Thursday, January 5, 2006, at 09:00 PM, Stuart LeBlanc wrote:

> Perhaps a useful experiment would be to abruptly switch to a Salieri
> recording,
> after attracting them with Mozart.

Hah!  I'm sure they'd turn their tails up at Salieri!  Still, the
whales probably never saw "Amadeus," so they might not have thought
Salieri's music to be that bad after all.  (Actually, I've never heard
a note of Salieri's music.  Is it really that bad?).

I wonder how whales would respond to to, let's see...Pierre Boulez?
Piazolla? (ever seen a whale tango?).  I bet they'd like Arvo Part.

I'm not sure about the "Mozart Effect."  I think maybe "Mozart Affect"
is more to the point.

I can, however, vouch personally for the soothing, calming power of the
Francesco Effect...

DR