Am 24 Mar 2006 um 23:20 hat EUGENE BRAIG IV geschrieben:
> To really and wholly tune a guitar or lute in
> anything but equal temperament, you would need sectioned frets like
> the experimental guitars of Lacote and Panormo in the mid 1800s.

Dear Eugene,

sectioned frets are even necessary to get really, wholly and maybe holy ET
because of
the different string material and action. See this here for an illustration:
www.chouard.de

Anyway, wasn't this a vihuela-list thread? I don't think Monica is getting
these mails...

Regards,

Stephan