> Don't play like your're used to.

You mean I'd better aim at producing no sound while playing?

> Just try to make the string move parallel
> to the soundboard. You can do it by pulling it sideways with two fingers
> (one over, one under the string) and releasing it. If you got it right,
> you'll hear almost NO sound, despite quite formidable string movement
> (this
> is on a guitar, I don't know how it is on a lute).

If you slowly dip your finger in water there'll be no wave formation, if you
slowly depress the drum skin and then release, there'll be no sound too ...

I thought we are discussing different ways of sound production by actually
plucking the string either more parallel to the soundboard or towards it and
the
resulting effect on the sound spectrum ... not ticks of trying to pluck with
no sound ):{

Alexander