I think the conflictual situation in Palestine is central to the
problem in the whole area where old cutural links are breaking under
impossible tensions. You may consider your attempts to help people
find or keep open such cultural links as  "lofty and naîve", but any
such effort, I am sure is worthwhile in this rapidly darkening
situation.

I think Arto is right in thinking that grave political errors can
have consequences even for lutists (and lutists can not be
politically neutral, just because they are musicians); but I would
like to believe that you are right iif you consider that a music list
is the place for keeping dialogue open, and looking for common values
even between potential enemies.
Anthony