>  (and lutists can not be
> politically neutral, just because they are musicians);

Of course not, but how about keeping our political beliefs, religious
beliefs, preference in computer operating system (often more strongly
held than the first two) OFF THIS LIST??!!

We all have a life separate from the lute. Arto feels compelled every
couple of months to spew forth his non-musical opinions either
because he hasn't figured out how to find political forums for
discussion or he is convinced that his non-musical interests must be
fascinating to others here. Well, I have some fascinating non-musical
opinions. I feel very strongly about prostatitis, and how best to
manually drain an infected prostate of fluid, and novel ways to
analyze the pus that comes out. It is important to lutenists, because
most are male and 10% of males worldwide will suffer from this
problem. It's germaine to the middle east: Saddam Hussein suffered
from this chronically, as I am sure do many oud players.

Appetizing? I didn't think so. Let's keep political and prostatic
discussion off the list please.

DS