On Apr 21, 2007, at 11:37 AM, Mathias R=F6sel wrote:

> ...I especially disliked
> Lislevand's stopping of basses so as to stress the notes. Anyway, his
> playing is at times very guitaristic

The stopping of the basses is something I tend to associate with
pianists when they play Baroque music (whatever "Baroque technique"
may be on a piano, I imagine the less said the better), but I found
it startling on the theorbo because I didn't expect it.  I didn't
particularly think RL's playing was guitaristic, except perhaps in
his interpretation.  In fact, I was thinking his right-hand was
almost thumb-under.

David Rastall
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.rastallmusic.com