On May 2, 2007, at 5:25 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Golly!  We'd get get out there right now and tell all
> of those modern steel-string, fingerpickin' folk
> guitarists that their planted pinkies and flat wrists
> are due to a vast conspiracy of high-powered lute
> pedagogues!!!  I'm being facecious, of course.  Just
> pointing out that they do it that way without thinking
> about it.

Also, a great many high-powered Plectrum Players Play with Pinkies
Planted!  Where did these gosh-darned PPlectrum-PPlaying PPinkie
PPlanters get their ideas from anyway!?    Clearly all those rockers,
folkies, bebop artists and country music "chicken-pikkers," not to
mention bluegrass banjo and mandolin players who Play with Planted
Pinkies *must* have been taken in by spurious lute scholarship,
otherwise planting the pinkie would never have ocurred to any of
them!  ;-)  ;-)

David Rastall
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.rastallmusic.com