David,

     Its rare, but he does use it.  Seems to show up
mostly in ascending arpeggios within preludes.  This
happens very prominently in the E Minor Prelude on
p.308 of Saizenay after the first chord and bass note,
the is a 5-note arpeggio marked
thumb-thumb-index-middle-ring (| | . .. ...).
Ascending broken chords of five or more notes happen
frequently throughout this prelude and only the thumb
notes are indicated, leaving the right hand fingering
for the top three notes unmarked.  My guess would be
that he means for the initial figure utilizing the
ring finger to be employed in these chords.

    Three dots also show up in the G Major prelude on
page 298 within the same kind of rising figure.  Those
were two places I found just doing a quick skim
through Saizenay.  It is probably used elsewhere as
well.  I would gather that folks probably used it more
places than it was marked, but not often.

Chris