Mathias writes linguistically;

>Sorry, this has become so off-topic, yet I cannot resist.

Don't apologize. It's a fun diversion to get, *ahem* strung out on.

>> It seems to me that, vis a vis Latin, the translation is often going to be
>> approximate rather than literal.
>
>That applies to any translation *sighs*. Italian has it, that traduttore
>e traditore, translators are traitors.

I have always maintained that if one wants to get a more precise translation
from another language one shoul study the culture that language derives from.
And also why a very religious friend of mine many years ago began studying
Greek to better understand the Bible. I think that had he lived he'd have also
studied Aramaic to compare those versions to the Greek.

Regards,
Craig

Need personalized email and website? Look no further. It's easy
with Doteasy $0 Web Hosting! Learn more at www.doteasy.com