Dear all,

I have the  Magno dieffopruchar, Venice, c.1550 (collection of J & A
Beare Ltd, London) by  Stephen Barber,  and I very much like the shape
of of the neck of that instrument. I suppose Stephen made it just as it
is in the original. And as Martyn wrote, the shape of my left hand
around that neck looks very similiar to the way violin is played

All the best,

Arto