From: Jon Murphy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 2:08 AM
To: lute-builder
Subject: [LUTE-BUILDER] Re: Lute - Baroque Guitar

All,

I think Rob has convinced me to can my skeletal form and make a solid one. I
like the idea of sculpting the air within the body, and as a woodcarver I
have all the tools and skills for shaping a solid form. The confidence I'll
gain from having the form fully shaped will probably get me off my butt to
make the body of my incipient lute.

Dan's method is attractive in the apparent speed of the process, but I doubt
I could accomplish it without being "hands on" at his workshop (which is
tempting, but June is a long time away).

Best, Jon