From: Anthony Hind [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 09 January 2008 18:12
To: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu Net
Subject: [LUTE] Re: RH on the bridge [baroque Method]

Thanks for trying, Rob. It shows how careful you have to be even when
reading information on a museum site.
I thought that would be completely trustworthy.

Actually, it is surprising that there are often very strong little
finger marks on historic lutes. Modern players, do their best to
reduce this wear. Perhaps on the contrary for future lute analysts we
should dig in and leave our mark.
Miguel Serdoura in his new Baroque lute method, which is already out
of print, suggests using Renaissance Wax polish, after cleaning the
area thoroughly with a cloth.
http://www.picreator.co.uk/articles/3_renaissance_wax.htm
Has anyone else used this?

Incidentally, Miguel's lute method will be coming out again in the
same edition as the Damiani Renaissance method. This time you will
have a choice between English and French, see at
http://www.miguelserdoura.com/

Meanwhile there is the following, which is just tablature, at quite
low prices:
Volume 4 : Musique fran=E7aise pour luth au 17e si=E8cle, choix de 20
pi=E8ces pour luth baroque =E0 11 ch=9Curs par Jo=EBl Dugot : Gallot,
Dufaut,
Mouton.
Volume 34 : 80 Pi=E8ces faciles pour luth baroque (11 ou 13 choeurs)
choisies par Jean-Luc Bresson. Oeuvres de Dufaut, Dubut, Gautier,
Logy, Pinel, Mouton, Reusner, Anonymes.
Volume 29 : 31 duos fran=E7ais du XVIIe si=E8cle, pour luths baroques
onze choeurs. Par Fran=E7ois-Pierre Goy
at http://www.sf-luth.org/?Partitions/Le_Secret_des_Muses
Regards
Anthony