From: Martin Shepherd [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2008 9:02 PM
To: Jarosław Lipski
Cc: 'Lute'
Subject: Re: [LUTE] Re: dyeing/loading

Dear Jaroslaw,

I agree with everything you say - but my problem has always been that
(a) I wanted to know how the old guys really did it and (b) I didn't
like any of the options that were available.  I admit that (a) is not
necessarily relevant to modern audiences but (b) is a practical matter
which impinges directly on the whole business of making music.  Both (a)
and (b) are unresolved,  though  I  find myself moderately convinced by
the loading hypothesis, and simultaneously sceptical about the
practicalities, unless we all want to die from cinnabar poisoning....

Best to All,

Martin