On Sat, Jun 7, 2008, Guy Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> You can find Delrin at most plastics supply companies. I used to use it
> occasionally to machine parts for lab apparatus. It's one of the easiest
> plastics to work with, except for gluing (it's a close relative of Teflon,
> but a lot harder). Check the Yellow Pages (or the equivalent in your
> country).

google (delrin sheet) is faster and lighter than that hoary old
leg-shimming monster of a book, the following looks interesting to me -

 http://www.fortepiano.com/plectra_files/sheets.htm

> Thanks for the tip, I'll try.  Somebody else came up with cow's bone. Why
> cow and not, say, sheep, pig or - why not - ancestor or slain enemy?

the heavier the critter the denser the leg bone.  Beef stew meat is one
way to get cow leg bone, but see the butcher first if you have one
available, those supermarket bones are cut a bit short for my taste.

--
Dana Emery