You know, DT's comments regarding french style are all well and good, but music is not a recipe that you whip together with several stylistic ingredients. The reason we play lutes that are historical is because 'style' emerges from reading through the music. One can quibble about appogiaturas and notes inegales but that is not what makes music beautiful. It is and alway will be, playing cleanly
and bringing out the musical line.

DD

"damian dlugolecki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
Gerwig was a great musician and if you were influenced by his
sound, which was a beautiful gut sound,
then you are very fortunate because you are now an extension
of the lute tradition.

Damian

If merely sound is concerned, I do not hesitate to consent.

Mathias