From: "howard posner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
As Ray Nurse said yesterday (and I know he was quoting somebody else)
A quick web search will turn up attributions to Elvis Costello,
Laurie Anderson, Frank Zappa, Robyn Hitchcock, Thelonius Monk, Miles
Davis and (don't ask me why) Woody Allen and Steve Martin.
"talking about music is like dancing about architecture".
Or more commonly "writing about music is like dancing about
architecture."
This strikes me as the second most useless remark ever made about
music, well ahead of the third-place "opera in English makes about as
much sense as baseball in Italian." (H.L. Mencken)
You would reconsider the uselessness of it- if you ever apply yourself to a creative process. (The same goes for visual arts.)
RT

==
Piece du jour-
http://polyhymnion.org/swv/music/correnteAm/correnteAm.pdf http://polyhymnion.org/swv/music/correnteAm/correnteAm.mp3