"Oskar De Mari" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
> I'm thinking perhaps the E minor scordatura is what  Jakob
> Lindberg uses for both the e minor and major lute works...

E major is a rare key in lute music anyway. Apart from Bach, I know of
only two sources where it appears.

Joh. Chr. Beyer, Gellert's Oden, 1760, includes two songs in E major
(##
32, 33). According to Beyer's tabel of keys and related tunings, E
major
requires
7 = G sharp
8 = F sharp
10 = D sharp (!)
11 = C sharp
(12 = B)

Augsburg Tonkunst 2, Fasz. III, vol. 2 (edited by Joachim Domning)
contains an anonymous aria in E major (# 33). The first measure shows
the required scordatura, the same as in Beyer's tabel. However, the
10th
course is not made used of.

For Bach's E major suite, retuning of the 10th course to D sharp is not
required, as far as I could see. For the sake of convenience, however,
I'd retune at any rate
7 = G sharp
8 = F sharp
11 = C sharp